Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Days Going Bye

This school year has been everything that any school year can ever be, I mean you have your ups, your downs, and in betweens, but for the most part it has been pretty good. I do believe that the school experiences that we have now in our youth will give us memories that we will need to carry on as adults. If only as young people we did not look at short term and actually could see into our future we would see that school is really all that we have as far as relaxed layed back life. After our years of education have passed us by all that we have is lots of hard work and responsibility to look forward to. School in retrospect really is not that bad without school you would know none of your friend, see any girls/boys, or know how to reason through things and use and acquire skills to help in the job market. So the great evil, public education, is not quite the monster that we all make it out to be.

This year, my junior year, has been just a slow cruise through another year because I know my school and teachers well and what is required of me academically so I am basically shooting the breeze until next year. Some of my classes have challenged me greatly while others have been quite useless and anger me that I must waste minutes of my valuable life taking them because they are required. While I am taking these courses I could have been putting my academic genius to work and continuously working towards reaching the higher plateau of solving this Earth's biggest problems. Being a junior is just like being the middle child in the family you are not quite the baby(sophomore) or the oldest(senior), but you fit in there somewhere doing your own thing. You really do not miss the tough times of being a sophomore, but you can not wait to have the privileges of being a senior and overall being able to graduate.

Graduation is not only sad for seniors, but everyone that has ever come into contact with them. These people are some of the best people that I will ever know and the chance of me seeing them on this life journey are slim to none. As I said before through education we forge life bonds that under other circumstances may have never been formed, so I guess I do owe that much to Batesville School District. Because a life without friends to share it with is like a life without sunshine or shoes without the Nike swoosh its worthless.

So for next year I plan on slacking off the whole year, smoothly cruising into graduation, getting my diploma, and partying like no one has ever partied before. I will have finally reached the end all be all my senior year the last time I will have to deal with high school again in my and this time can not come fast enough. It may seem impossible but I have had senioritis ever since I was a freshman so please God let time fly.

No comments: